Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Oh! Income...axed for Tax!


Ever since I got my first job few yrs back and I’ve started earning, the word ‘Income’ has got the real and significant meaning in my dictionary….the word gets me high…a feeling of self independence and self esteem surges when I could fulfill my earthly pleasures – Roti, Kapda aur Makan with the help of my hard earned income (Whereas after looking at the total sum of my income, how I restricts myself and regulates an unattainable plan of acquiring long- wished material delights into different phased goals – is another part of story which attempts at solacing myself).

But then a word ‘Tax’ which creeps along with ‘Income’ makes me :( since I’ve to prepare myself to cough up a tax to Govt for toiling hard to earn my bread n butter…I checks the sum to be paid n I eyes at my wallet which, as usual is flatter than a starving stomach of a malnourished child.This always leave me perplexed as I fails to find that kind of amount anywhere to shell out for paying the tax… …But when it comes to pay Income tax, I left with no options but to forfeit the burdened tax from my fistful pay … (since I can’t think any of these options- beg, borrow and steal…albeit I wonder who would lend the money to a good- for- nothing asset like me)..

For a moment, I fed up of all these irksome moping about taxes and I think of giving away all my derisory earnings...but I can’t. Because to give it away, you may have to pay Gift Tax. I think of a movie break..& I leaves the thought, I’d have to pay Entertainment Tax then. How about visiting food joint & having some delicious snacks but then whereupon, I’d be definitely end up paying Luxury Tax for the privilege…phew!

Central Sales Tax, VAT, Octroi, Property Tax, Corporate Tax, Excise Tax, Ad Valorem duties, blah, blah…..list is endless… Oh GOD, save us dutiful people on this planet! Some other day, we may have to pay tax just for greeting people, for that matter, even your neighbor…since saying ‘Hi’ or ‘Good Morning’ could be deemed as doing some service & therefore taxable. Oh yeah, Service tax for extending your services ;-D

But why do we need to pay all these taxes to Govt.??.....Simple! To aid our Govt to provide Sadak, Pani & Bijli to its aam junta..for which all Regular Government are expected to work hard, but not ours for sure… never for a single time. So be it, …Keep working!

1 comment:

  1. Hey!!
    U know what ur anger and irritaton regarding paying of taxes is absolutely genuine.But all these stuffs cannot be changed overnight. Our entire system is full of loopholes n lot of changes r required. We r so messed up wid our own lives n so much into fulfillin our materialistic demands that we fail to contemplate on such issues. Though we hate to give our hard earned money to the govt for nothing substantial, we fail to do anything worthwhile regarding the same.

    ReplyDelete

Comments...Say it please!